JOB POSTING: Administrator, West Village Theatre
West Village Theatre Society (WVT) is seeking a part-time administrator for a one year
contract with a possibility of extension. West Village Theatre is home to two resident
theatre companies including Calgary Young People’s Theatre Society and Ghost River
Theatre Society who joined together in February 2014 to create and run West Village
Theatre, an 83-seat black box performance and administrative space located in the
Sunalta, area of 2007 10 Ave SW Calgary.
The administrator reports directly to the resident theatre companies and the WVT Board
Chair and manages the day-to-day operations and communications of the theatre. As the
first point of contact for all venue rentals, this person must be highly organized, be able
to work independently and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Administration duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain calendar of theatre schedule
- Manage correspondence, mail, email and phones
- Maintain and update the West Village Theatre website (WordPress) and social
media on a regular basis
- Ensure the theatre is kept clean and organized
- Work with the resident theatre companies to plan the calendar of events for each
season prior to the official booking calendar release
- Consumables management: purchasing janitorial supplies, office supplies etc.
- Provide booking and rental information to arts organizations and individual artists
- Coordinate tours of the West Village Theatre space as required
- Upkeep of the proper timeline for each booking from the first contact through to the
signing of the contract, providing support during the rental period and reconciling
after the rental period is completed
- Contract Technicians as required and ensure that they are aware of all schedules
and technical needs for each rental
- Contract Cleaners as required
- Ensure that all renters obtain proper insurance and complete the mandatory
Job Type: Part-time 20 hours/week, $17/hour.
Required education: Minimum of two years of relevant experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience. A background in theatre and/or administration
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Subject: Administrator Position
Applications will be accepted until October 4th, 2019.
We thank everyone for their submissions, however, only successful applicants will be