Alberta Theatre Projects (ATP) in its 48th season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary. ATP has a new Executive and Artistic Director who brings a fresh perspective and a compelling vision for the future of our organization.
“We are inventive, contemporary storytellers engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.”
Our mission is to create live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our community, to develop the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience, and to explore intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
The 2019/20 season includes six contemporary plays—the hilarious comedy The Wedding Party, Pulitzer-Prize winning contemporary drama Disgraced, classic family adventure The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, international sensation Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story, Ovation Award winner Actually, and a heart-warming love letter to the Alberta rodeo life – Cowgirl Up!
Reporting directly to the Ticket Sales Manager, this is a part-time position with shifts occurring during evenings and weekends when there is a production on stage.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting patrons in person with ticketing requests of all types.
- Maintaining positive relations with the public through the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Selling subscriptions and gift cards in the lobby during intermission.
- Participating in outbound calling on our telemarketing sales campaigns.
- Maintaining accurate information in our ticketing and database software.
- Providing support to the Ticket Sales Manager with various organizational duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Strong organizational skills necessary to prioritize and manage concurrent initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of self-motivation.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team.
Staff Categories and Job Requirements
Box Office staff are divided into two categories for scheduling and operational purposes:
- Core Staff: Core staff are regularly-scheduled employees with a fixed schedule of availability during any performance run. Core staff should be willing to commit to 2+ shifts per week. Core staff is an ideal category for someone looking for steady work during Alberta Theatre Projects’ season.
- Casual Staff: Casual staff are relied on as a pool of employees who pick up shifts when core staff are not able to fulfill all available shifts. Casual staff benefit from defining their schedule.
Previous experience in sales will be a strong asset for this role. Experience on ticketing software is an asset, but training will be provided.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Please email your letter of interest and résumé by email to General Manager Kyle Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Friday, September 27th, 2019.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects, please visit our website: www.albertatheatreprojects.com