Founded in 1963, Edmonton Opera is dedicated to producing great performances that showcase the powerful emotions of opera to our community.
We are looking for a full-time Patron Services Supervisor with a passion for delivering outstanding customer experiences to oversee our Patron Services operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create outstanding customer experiences for all patrons and stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date financial records and reports of ticket sales, receipts, processes and deposits
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to develop strategies to maximize revenue and encourage loyalty
- Work with Finance department to reconcile ticket sales, donations and financial data
- Lead the Patron Services Associate, seasonal box office staff and front of house volunteers
- Organize and manage the mobile box office at the Jubilee and other events
- Work in collaboration with Community Relations and Fund Development teams to ensure seamless season ticket renewals and other campaigns
- Oversee Tessitura database:
- Keep up to date with new functionality and highlight useful features
- Deliver ongoing staff training to maintain consistent processes and data standards
- Build all performances and other structures in the database
- Assist all departments with Tessitura-related tasks, questions and troubleshooting
- Assist in project managing the shared consortium with external partners (EAC)
- Assist in recruiting, scheduling and training volunteers
- Oversee internal and external telemarketing campaigns
- Fill in for Patron Services Associate/receptionist when necessary
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience working in customer service or hospitality
- Previous management experience and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Desire to find solutions to patron concerns and help build/repair relationships
- At ease working with computers and a self-motivated learner
- Ability to work within a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues
- Previous experience with customer databases or Tessitura is an asset but not required
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite and Windows
- Appreciation for the arts and desire to learn more about opera
Work week generally consists of 40 hours per week, Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm.
Applicant must be available to work some evenings and weekends during scheduled
performances and special events.
- The Edmonton Opera Centre is located at 15230 128 Ave NW
- Access to a vehicle is required
- Health benefits package (health and dental) upon completion of three-month
- RRSP partial matching after one year
Kindly email cover letter and resume (pdf) to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until Thursday, September 12, 2019.
Only those candidates offered an interview will be contacted.