Alberta Theatre Projects (ATP) is entering its 48th Season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary. ATP has a new Executive & Artistic Director who brings a fresh perspective and a compelling vision for the future of our organization.
“We are inventive, contemporary storytellers engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.”
Our Mission is to CREATE live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our community, to DEVELOP the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience, and to EXPLORE intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
The 2019-2020 Season includes 6 contemporary plays – the hilarious comedy The Wedding Party, Pulitzer-Prize winning contemporary drama Disgraced, classic family adventure The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, international sensation Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story, Ovation Award winner Actually, and a heart-warming love letter to the Alberta Rodeo Life Cowgirl Up!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the General Manager and Executive & Artistic Director and working closely across all departments at Alberta Theatre Projects, this role leads marketing and communications efforts across the organization.
This is a full-time, permanent, management role that supervises one direct report and leads contract relationships for external service providers.
- Lead the Marketing & Communications Team, including the guidance, coaching, and supervision of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Develop yearly marketing plan for all performances, season subscriptions, specific audience campaigns, and B2B marketing initiatives (such as venue rental clients)
- Work closely with counterparts in Development, Ticketing, and Front of House to develop and execute audience and donor engagement strategies
- Develop channel strategies for cross-media platforms, including social media, email marketing, website, content, and traditional advertising
- Manage media buys, including negotiating with suppliers and trafficking social media advertising
- Develop and lead creation of all collateral and advertising, including social media
- Attribute ticket sales to specific activities and report to management on performance metrics
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans to achieve organizational sales targets
- Lead and manage the Alberta Theatre Projects brand to ensure continued resonance with current and target audiences and stakeholders
- Develop and manage marketing budgets
- Conduct research and develop strategy for brand imagery, including the development of visual assets strategy for season productions and management of promotional shoots
- Engage contract producers (photographers, videographers, editors, etc.)
- Lead media relations, including creation and distribution of media releases and PSAs, managing interview requests, and engaging with social media influencers
- Represent the organization with a variety of stakeholder groups such as partner and industry organizations, the arts community, and business associations
- Other duties, as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Business, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Media Studies)
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in creating and executing marketing and communications strategy with proven results
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading direct reports
- Creativity, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Experience leading organizational social media efforts
- Proven track record for engaging traditional media and social media influencers
- Familiarity with performing arts, entertainment, or other vertical within ticketed entertainment
- A passion for theatre or performing arts – an understanding of the non-profit performing arts sector in Canada is an asset
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Kyle Russell, General Manager, at [email protected] before Friday, August 30 at 9:00 a.m.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.