YouthRiot YEG is a free, 10-week program geared specifically towards youth on the LGBTQ2S+ spectrum that teaches different styles of creative writing for performance. We are seeking an In-Room Facilitator for our inaugural run of YouthRiot here in Edmonton. The In-Room facilitator will work closely with both the Artistic Associate and the Program Coordinator to create and provide a safe environment in which the program participants can learn, grow, and thrive.
- Attending all YouthRiot YEG sessions (Wednesday evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm) starting October 2, 2019 and continuing to December 3, 2019, including the final presentation
- Reviewing applications to the program
- Leading group check-ins at the start of each session
- Working with the group to ensure the creation, negotiation, and facilitation of Safe Space for the participants
- Planning and leading activities with the participants, including ensemble-building exercises
- Assisting participants with goal-setting and troubleshooting on projects
- Creative problem solving with both groups and individuals
- Assisting guest instructors as required
- Fostering a creative, inclusive workspace for the participants
- Background or prior experience in project coordination, youth education, group facilitation, or similar areas
- Must feel at ease working with teenagers and young adults
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative problem-solving/conflict resolution abilities
- Satisfactory background screening is required for this position, which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check
- First Aid/CPR is an asset
This is a part-time contract position with an approximate start date of September 23, 2019 and an approximate end date of December 10, 2019. Compensation for the position is $1000, with a schedule of payment to be agreed upon by both APN and the contractor.
Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter and CV detailing all relevant experience to APN Artistic Associate, Bevin Dooley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any questions about the position or its requirements can be directed to Bevin as well.
Applications for this position will be accepted until September 17 at 11:59 pm.