One Yellow Rabbit (OYR) seeks an Administrative Assistant for a part-time, year-round salaried position.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and passionate administrative professional with a diverse skill-set who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment. Previous experience working with artists, arts and culture organizations and/or non-profits is strongly preferred.
A key member of the One Yellow Rabbit administrative team, the Administrative Assistant will report to the Managing Director and will work closely with the Business Manager, the Marketing Director and the Company Manager to provide support for the administrative activities of the company, with a primary focus on financial and box office operations. The successful candidate will be an organized, self-motivated individual who will work in the following areas:
- Basic accounting and book-keeping, including maintaining general ledger by posting and recording financial transactions; maintaining historical records; generating reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Box office and customer service support for the High Performance Rodeo and other One Yellow Rabbit activities, including on-line and in-person ticket sales
- Database administration and development;
- Preparing of contracts for artists and partners for One Yellow Rabbit ensemble activities and the High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts;
- General office administrative duties; and
- Supporting OYR’s leadership team by managing projects in a variety of areas.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Quick Books is preferred. Knowledge of the use of the Tessitura Box Office system would be an advantage, but training in the system can be provided. Other training will be provided as necessary.
Salary: $20 per hour
Term: Preferred start date is Monday, September 23, 2019, and will be an on-going part-time position based on 25 hours per week.
Application deadline: Friday, August 23, 2019, at 4:00 pm
To apply for this position, please e-mail a CV highlighting your relevant work experience, a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and 2 references with current contact information to Johanne Deleeuw, Company Manager of One Yellow Rabbit, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank everyone who applies for this position but only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.