Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for an experienced Technical Director to share their knowledge in our fall courses. This individual will teach our participants about the technical elements of theatre with a focus on sound and lighting. The course will culminate with two performances: a musical revue for our adult students and a junior musical for our youth students. The Technical Direction Instructor will act as the Technical Director for the performances and direct the participants in assisting with technical elements.
• Prepare all course materials
• Teach participants about technical aspects of theatre including sound and lighting
• Act as Technical Director for performances and direct students in assisting with the technical aspects of the production
• Strong background in technical aspects of production
• Appreciation for the design process
• Ability to interpret construction plans
• Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation, policies, and practices
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and supervisory skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Interested in working with a number of people with a range of ages, experiences, and abilities
• Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. from September 12 through November 28, 2019
• Dress Rehearsal November 30, 2019 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
• Performances November 30, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. and December 1, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
*Schedule will rotate with 2 out of 3 instructors per week so you may not be required every Thursday*
$50 per hour
Submit your resume to our Artistic Director via email at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 16, 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.