Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for an experienced Director/Acting Coach to share their knowledge in our fall courses. This individual will assist our adult participants with preparing monologues and developing their acting skills. In addition, he/she will act as a Director/Acting Coach for our youth participants as they rehearse for a junior musical. The courses will culminate with two performances: a musical revue for our adult students and a junior musical for our youth students.
• Prepare course materials
• Lead acting classes with a focus on character development, staging, and audition preparation
• Make casting decisions in collaboration with the Music Director/Vocal Coach and Choreographer
• Lead staging and blocking in rehearsals
• Execute and interpret the artistic and dramatic components of the production
• Communicate his/her artistic vision to participants in a clear, thoughtful, and meaningful way
• Clear artistic vision
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of theatre, specifically acting techniques
• Previous directing/acting coach experience an asset
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Willingness to work with a number of people with a range of ages, experiences, and abilities
• Enthusiasm for the project
• Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. from September 12 to November 28, 2019
• Dress Rehearsal on November 30, 2019 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
• Performances on November 30, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. and December 1, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
*Schedule will rotate with 2 out of 3 instructors per week so you may not be required every Thursday*
$50 per hour
Submit your resume to our Artistic Director via email at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 16, 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.