StoryBook Theatre is looking for emerging and/or established Sound Programmers/Designers with an interest in sound programming for musical theatre to work on our 2019/20 Productions.
There are 7 contract positions available. Contract Fee based on work experience and suitability for the contract work.
- prep and planning for live theatre performances of musicals and play
- programming a Yamaha LS9 soundboard for use by an operator for all performances
- work with the production team in tech week to achieve quality sound levels and mixes on the musical or play
- support the production throughout the run on any sound related complications
- setup of sound equipment including microphones, speakers and soundboard
- prepare a sound script for use by sound operators
- train sound operators on the running of the sound for each performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent at multitasking
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Mature, trustworthy, reliable and punctual
- Previous sound experience and training
- Technical Theatre understanding is an asset
- Minimum 2 year post-secondary sound education or work equivalent
Suitably qualified candidates are asked to send their resume and cover letter through our online system ONLY. No E-mails or phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.