The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Videographer. This is a part-time casual position, with the ability to work additional hours based on the needs of the department.
The Videographer will be responsible for supporting the Marketing & Communications Team in meeting video and design objectives.
The Videographer must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, shoot, and edit videos that promote Citadel productions and other programming and which further the objectives of the Citadel Theatre as an institution.
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify appropriate media and style to assist with the development and maintenance of creative ideas and concepts.
- Maintain working knowledge of photography basics, shooting digital camera video, using off-the-shelf video editing software and Adobe Creative Cloud software to meet video and design objectives.
- Reports to the Creative Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a good basic knowledge of shooting video with a digital camera, as well as familiarity with Adobe® Cloud and editing software as Adobe® Premiere Pro.
- Demonstrably strong skills in working collaboratively with others.
- Post-secondary training in photography and video production are highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a Theatre or Arts environment is an asset.
- Highly organized with a keen ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
- Detail oriented.
This is a casual, part-time position. The number of hours will vary based on the needs of the department and the skills of the successful candidate. Freelance videographers are also welcome to apply.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples by August 9, 2019 to: Human Resources at email@example.com
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.