Edmonton Opera is looking for an excellent communicator with a passion for sharing the arts with others. The Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the Community Relations team to help Edmonton Opera resonate with our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write compelling content that speaks to different target audience segments
- Engage the community via our social media channels and maintain a posting schedule
- Act as an ambassador for the company at community events
- Collaborate with our publisher on our Intermezzo magazine (house program)
- Coordinate grant writing, reporting and foundation applications
- Assist Marketing Director with media relations support including preparing press releases
- Write feature articles for opera programs
- Update EO website and mobile app
- Publish e‐newsletters and targeted email campaigns
- Maintain archive of past publications and marketing materials
- Assist with internal mail‐outs and administrative tasks
- Write engaging education guides for students and educators
- Assist with capturing photos/videos during interviews and events
- Write speeches and briefing notes
- Other duties as required
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be proficient with
Microsoft Office Suite and social media apps. Experience using Tessitura is considered
an asset but not required (training will be provided).
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make effective decisions.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Appreciation for the performing
arts is essential.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, humanities, communications, public
relations, arts management or a related field.
- Access to a vehicle is required.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
- Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday
with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances and special events.
- Occasional monitoring of social media channels will be required.
Health benefits package pending upon completion of probationary period.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
Resumes will be accepted until Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.