Volunteer Coordinator Position:
Bull Skit Improvisational Theatre is a Red Deer based non-profit theatre company established in 2008, and has emerged as a leader in Alberta Improv & Sketch theatre. We develop and produce a variety of improvised entertainment by establishing a safe, creative and inclusive experience for our artists and patrons. Read more about us at www.BullSkitComedy.com
Bull Skit Improvisational Theatre is seeking to fill the casual, part-time position of Volunteer Coordinator. This contract runs from August 1, 2019 to July 30th, 2020 with the potential to renew. The ideal candidate will have a desire to remain with the program for a multiple seasons.
- Available to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings (This position will have weekend and evening hours coinciding with performances)
- 2 to 3 years of customer service experience.
- PROSERVE Certification.
- Cash handling skills, and experience processing debit and credit card transactions
- First Aid certification is an asset,
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, theatre environment.
- Leadership qualities such as excellent communication skills, problem solving, and organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruiting volunteers and providing appropriate training and orientation.
- Managing volunteer shift schedules, including tracking of volunteer hours worked.
- Engaging cast awareness of the role and the function of volunteers.
- Promoting volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity campaigns.
- Monitoring, supporting, and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Celebrating volunteers via recognition events, team building, awards, etc.
Deadline for applications July 26, 2019. Applications and follow up questions may be emailed to the Executive Director Jenna Goldade, at Againstthewalltheatre@gmail.com.