Alberta Theatre Projects (ATP) is entering its 48th Season producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary, Alberta. ATP has a new Executive & Artistic Director who brings a fresh perspective and a compelling vision for the future of our organization.
“We are inventive, contemporary storytellers engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.”
Our Mission is to CREATE live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our community, to DEVELOP the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience, and to EXPLORE intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
The 2019-2020 Season includes 6 contemporary plays – the hilarious comedy The Wedding Party, Pulitzer-Prize winning contemporary drama Disgraced, classic family adventure The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, international sensation Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story, Ovation Award winner Actually, and a heart-warming love letter to the Alberta Rodeo Life Cowgirl Up!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely across all departments at Alberta Theatre Projects, this role aids in the maintenance of our organization’s financial information. The Bookkeeper will lead accounts payable and receivable entries, act as the power-user for QuickBooks, and assist with anything related to finances at Alberta Theatre Projects.
This is a permanent, part-time (0.5 FTE) position within Alberta Theatre Project’s administrative staff that offers a flexible regular schedule.
- Timely execution of all accounts payable and accounts receivable journal entries into QuickBooks
- Assisting with financial reporting
- Creation of invoices
- Payment issuance
- Maintaining chart of accounts
- Reconciling payments from non-cheque sources, including ticketing and donations software, retail payment processors, cash sources, and e-transfers
- Act as power-user for QuickBooks
- Reconcile cash payments
- Maintain regular non-invoiced payments, including Receiver General of Canada, unions, and other suppliers
- Reconcile bank accounts on monthly basis
- Assist with annual audits for both the Alberta Theatre Projects Society and Alberta Theatre Projects Foundation
- Assist with the evolution of financial systems and payment methods
- Participate as key employee in evolving administration and financial systems
- Other general duties as assigned
- 1-2 years’ experience in bookkeeping
- Advanced QuickBooks skills
- Familiarity with Canadian accounting principles for a non-profit, registered charity
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule due to operational needs of a non-profit theatre company
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working within the arts vertical in a similar role
- A passion for the performing arts
- Post-secondary education in accounting, bookkeeping, or finance
- Strong initiative and self-starter with the drive to complete projects with little supervision
- Strong initiative to improve processes
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Kyle Russell, General Manager, at [email protected]. Applications will be considered upon submission, with preference given to candidates applying before Monday, July 29.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.