- Provide effective, coherent program management, applicant support and facilitation of peer assessment processes for all aspects of EAC programs and investments.
- Assist in the research, design, development and building of granting programs for artists, and arts organizations that support artistic creation, productions, presentation and activities that disseminate work and engage communities.
- Provide advice in supporting initiatives that increase efficiency, effectiveness and impact of EAC investments, and lead internal capacity building initiatives that further the subject matter expertise of the team.
- Build new, and foster existing relationships amongst Edmonton’s arts communities, through active engagement and meaningful dialogue that identifies and addresses relationship gaps and builds trust.
- Work in collaboration across the organization to develop, design and deliver capacity building and professional development initiatives for artists, arts administrators and arts organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the Equity and Inclusion Advisor and the Indigenous Relations Advisor to reduce barriers and improve access for equity-seeking groups through partnerships, strategic investment interventions and special projects.
- Experienced arts professional with at least five years of senior-level experience in an arts or festival organization of significant scope and complexity.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership expertise in artistic and organizational operations, professional services and audience engagement.
- Effective relationship builder, with an existing network of contacts in multiple arts disciplines, the not-for profit sector, education and government, with a proven ability to influence change through group facilitation and consensus building.
- Proactive communicator who is comfortable sharing knowledge with a wide-range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional judgement, tact and diplomacy skills.
Melanie Haynes, HR Specialist Email: [email protected]