EO seeks a team-focused candidates looking for experience in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
EO is looking to fill Production Assistant roster positions for the upcoming season.
- This is a seasonal, hourly, as-needed position(s) with no guarantee of minimum hours.
- Various dates and times, with most hours occurring during the day with some required evening and weekend work and with the possibility of a flexible daily work schedule. Time exceeding 8 hours per day and 44 hours per week will be paid at the overtime rate.
- This position has the flexibility to accommodate candidate’s outside projects.
- Hourly wage range of $15-$20/hour (based upon experience) + 4% Vacation Pay.
- Reports to and is supervised by Head of Wardrobe, Head of Props/Paint and the Head of Scenic Carpentry and works collaboratively with all other departments.
- This position is based out of EO’s Opera Centre, but works extensively offsite for productions, events and sourcing of materials.
- EO may contract multiple production assistants depending on the scheduling needs and skill sets of the applicants.
- Diploma or Degree in a technical theatre program from a post-secondary institution.
- Class 5 driver’s license. It is strongly suggested this person have a vehicle. EO will reimburse for kilometers as per the Employee Vehicle Usage policy. Applicants must be over 21 to drive rental vehicles.
- Deadline-oriented with flexibility to adjust timelines as needed.
- Knowledge and adherence of safe working practices.
- Motivated — able to see a task that requires attention and completes such tasks without hesitation.
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, professional and with a calm demeanor under stress.
- Physical fitness: ability to climb, work on ladders and vertical lifts, lift up to 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to set-up / operate a small audio system for community events.
Duties and typical tasks
- Assist with mainstage productions
- Assist in the sourcing & acquisition of materials required for set/ costume builds
- Facility maintenance
- Organizing and ordering supplies
- Assist in the set-up and operation of special events and audience outreach activities
- General shipping and receiving duties
- Assist department heads in facility organization
- Assist in rehearsals as required
- Errand runs
- Other duties as required
- General Warehouse duties
To apply for this position please email or fax your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to Edmonton Opera Attn: Alison Hardy.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax to: 780-429-0600 ATTN: Production Department (please include a cover page)
Applications must include references. Applications that do not include references will be considered incomplete.
References may be contacted prior to interviewing candidates.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Alison Hardy, firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no deadline for applications, as needs are ongoing.
Interviews are conducted as required.
The position may be filled prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.