DARK emerges from Edmonton’s River Valley to transform Fort Edmonton Park into a large scale haunted attraction.
Thrill seekers that dare to enter DARK will experience an adrenaline pumping night of horrors complete with haunted mazes, sinister scare zones, and live entertainment. All will have a ghastly good time watching their friends face their fears.
Do you want to be a part of the action?
As a Scare Actor, you will be the one lurking in the shadows to frighten and delight guests in one of our Haunts or Scare Zones. As a member of our Scare Team, you will be expected to stay in character, wear assigned costume and makeup, follow specific scare instructions, and interact with guests and other team members in a professional manner.
All Scare Actor positions are paid $15 hourly.
Who are we looking for?
No prior acting experience necessary! We are looking for a wide variety of individuals to fill specific roles in our Haunts.
People aged 15 years of age* and older with a wide variety of skills and experiences are welcome to audition. Improv or acting experience is beneficial but not required. A positive team-oriented attitude is a must as haunting is a team sport!
What can I expect at the audition?
- Everyone will participate in a group audition (6 to 10 people at a time). You will be guided through the audition and asked to do various exercises.
- Auditions will take a total of 30 minutes. You will be assigned an exact time-slot.
- There is no need to prepare anything. Please do not bring props or costumes. We will take a group photo at the audition, so there is no need to bring a headshot.
- Wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
- Be open and ready to explore playing different characters.
- We want to see you try your best and have fun!
What are the required dates?
Please note exact times to be confirmed in August. You MUST be available for MOST dates. Due to the limited number of positions available, applicants with the most availability will be considered first.
Training & Rehearsal Dates: September 28 & 30, October 1-3, 5, 9
Event Dates: October 10-12, 17-19, 24-26, 27, 30, 31, Nov 1
How to sign up: If you or anyone you know would like to become a part of the Scare Team, please fill out this form, to schedule an audition time-slot.
Thursday July 31, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday August 1, 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Where: Location information will be provided after you have received your specific audition time slot by email.