General Manager | Apply
Full-time, Contract (Annual renewable)
Position start date: August 1, 2019
Are you looking for a rewarding management experience, and want to contribute to a company whose work impacts the artistic and cultural landscape of Edmonton? Mile Zero Dance has an opportunity for someone looking to bring tools and experience developed in administration to the non-profit Arts sector.
Mile Zero Dance has an opportunity for someone looking to bring tools and experience developed in administration to the non-profit Arts sector. You would provide essential support and leadership to our organization, executing and managing each Mile Zero Dance Season.
The General Manager provides administrative support to the Artistic Director, Board of Directors, and all staff as needed. Mile Zero Dance is a busy, diverse, not-for-profit organization with high artistic and ethical standards and the General Manager is essential in coordinating its many moving parts.
Under the Direction of the Artistic Director, and reporting to the Board the General Manager will:
- Systematically and strategically ensure the smooth operation and overall management of Mile Zero Dance.
- Manage studio rental bookings and assist with other business operations.
- Support a communications team to make sure promotional activities are coordinated
- Oversee and contribute to the writing and compiling of grant applications, including maintaining a calendar of important deadlines.
- Support Mile Zero Dance’s community outreach initiatives.
- Oversee Financial Operations to ensure operations are running to plan.
In addition to these key duties, the General Manager will:
- Manage Mile Zero’s front space exhibition programs
- Act as a liaison for all staff, coordinating calendars and meetings
- Assist with the production and implementation of performances and events, including coordinating with tech staff, artists and other vendors.
- Assist the board in preparing meetings and necessary documents
- Work with the Artistic Director to complete special projects as needed.
- Office administration diploma, arts and cultural management diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in not-for-profit, arts, or business administration
- Proven ability in strategic oversight.
- Experience creating and working with budgets.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill with an ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to write professional correspondence as well as communication materials.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with: Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite is an asset, as well as online granting platforms
- Fundraising experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping is an asset.
Apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Mile Zero Dance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Mile Zero Dance would like to acknowledge the treaty relationship of friendship and kinship with the indigenous peoples who gathered here for thousands of years: Cree, Nakota, Blackfoot, Dene, Saulteaux, and Metis, and all Indigenous people continuing to live here today. We wish to uphold tatawaw which in Cree means “welcome, there is room”, through creating a welcoming space for all – from those that traditionally gathered to those that have just arrived.