The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a creative and highly independent Copywriter. This is a part-time, casual position.
The Copywriter will be responsible for supporting the Community & Media Engagement Specialist in meeting seasonal copywriting objectives. The Copywriter must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides written content for Citadel materials including, but not limited to a weekly newsletter, email advertisements, media releases, and social media posts.
- Ensures the consistent delivery of Citadel’s brand voice on all written materials
- Researches artists, productions, and other events to provide accurate and exciting information to Citadel followers.
- Ensures timely delivery of written materials as required on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as requested.
- Access to internet and a computer to work from home
- Detail-oriented writing, proofing, and editing skills
- Ability to work highly independently
- 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing and/or communications
- Working knowledge of theatre practices is an asset
This is a casual, part-time position. The number of hours required each week will vary based on the seasonal needs of the department.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter, resume and copywriting samples
by June 30, 2019 to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org