Audition Notice: Border Breakdown – Edmonton Fringe 2019 Production
Written by Giorgia Severini
Directed by Jennifer Krezlewicz
Produced by Inadmissible Productions
Audition Date and Location:
Saturday, June 22, 2019
1:00 – 5:00 pm
The Clubhouse (upstairs at The Playhouse)
10033 80 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB
About the Play:
A young German traveler didn’t think there was anything wrong with travelling for a year, especially to Canada. But Canada seems to have a lot of strange rules and values that he doesn’t understand. How did he find himself taking the blame for Canada’s border security woes?
Border Breakdown is an absurdist comedy to be performed during the Edmonton Fringe Festival (August 15 – 25, 2019) at the Varscona Hotel.
- LUKAS: Male, early- to mid-20s. A young traveler. Ability to perform German accent is an asset.
- MINOT: Female, 30s – 40s. Border agent. Ability to perform French/Quebecois accent is an asset.
- MORLEY: Male, 30s – 40s. Border agent.
- ANNA: Female, late 40s – early 50s. Lukas’s mother. Ability to perform German accent is an asset.
- BRIAN: Male, late 40s – early 50s. A former young traveler. Ability to perform Australian accent is an asset.
- JONAS: Male, early- to mid-20s. Lukas’s boyfriend. Ability to perform German accent is an asset.
- Actors will read from sides. Sides are available to view in advance on request.
- Please bring a resume, headshot, and any conflicts you have during July and August.
To book an audition, contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to audition but are unable to attend the date, please let us know.
Inadmissible Productions is committed to inclusive casting. We encourage artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities to audition.