Job Posting – Cappies Program Director (Paid, Part-Time, Contract)
The Cappies of Greater Edmonton seeks a program director for September 1, 2019
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruitment and registration of all Cappies member schools. Communication with both member schools and Cappies Inc.
- Organize formal training day for all Cappies critics. Provide on-going and informal training for schools/critics throughout the school year.
- Liaise with Cappies Inc. and Initiate system setup for Cappies awards.
- Schedule critic teams and mentor teachers to attend Cappies shows.
- Attend all Cappies shows to provide support and administrative services.
- Edit and submit student critic reviews to the Edmonton Journal.
- Schedule Cappies Voting Day and ensure Cappies voting rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Assist Cappies Board of Directors with Gala preparations.
- Varied hours according to program schedule (averages 14 hours/week)
- Largely self-directed with some weekend and evening work required
- Journalism experience and some training in Theatre, Communication, and Writing.
- Interest and/or experience in Theatre
- Ability and enthusiasm for working with students.
- Experience or training in editing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn and ability to take initiative
- Remuneration – Salary is commensurate with experience
- Schedule – varied hours according to program demands (averages 14 hours/week)
- Some weekend and evening work will be required
- Supervision – Largely self-directed, attend and present directors report at board meetings
- Travel in greater Edmonton area is required – must have vehicle
Deadline for applications May 30, 2019
How to Apply:
Please your email resume and cover letter to Linette Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your application. Please note, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted directly.