The successful candidate should:
- Have an interest in the arts.
- Be active in the local arts community.
- Be organized and a quick learner.
- Be able to prioritize tasks.
- Work well in a sometimes hectic environment.
- Have good communication skills: orally and written.
- Have a basic understanding of computers and software: MS Office, Word/Excel.
- Be familiar with social media platforms—Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Be able to work well with a team or independently.
- Coordinating meetings, taking minutes and managing calendars.
- Issuing and ensuring all contracts issued and completed.
- Running errands for productions and office.
- Carrying out background research, documenting, and presenting findings.
- Completing reports, presentations and ensuring information is complete and well prepared to support directors.
- Building spreadsheets and tracking items as needed.
- Carefully tracking budgets for productions.
- Answering phones and emails, general inquiries.
- Maintaining membership database and renewals.
- Assisting with program development.
This is a staff position:
- 20hrs/week $15/hr with more hours as production volume increases.
- Flexible hours, mostly days, some evening and weekends may be required. Occasionally working from home may be an option.