SUMMER MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Lunchbox Theatre is looking for a dynamic individual to be our Summer Marketing and Communications Assistant from the beginning of June to the end of July, 2019!
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with research, planning and execution of marketing initiatives for the 2019/2020 season during the summer of 2019. The position duties may include the following, but can be tailored to suit areas of interest and growth:
• Writing marketing, communications and public relations materials
• Working with, entering and analyzing patron data
• Assisting with the creation of social media plans and strategies
• Research into marketing opportunities and costs
• Assisting with the update and implementation of our current marketing strategy and its tactics
• Assisting with marketing plan evaluation and revision
The Summer Marketing and Communications Assistant will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The successful candidate should have a love for the performing arts, along with an interest in working with a non-profit organization. Skills and qualities required include:
• Post-secondary education in the field(s) of marketing, communications and/or public relations, or have equivalent course work or work experience
• An avid interest in the arts
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to self-start and learn quickly
• Very strong organization skills
• Ability to work independently and in close connection with a small team
DETAILS AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
The Summer Marketing and Communications Assistant will be supervised by the Director of Marketing and Communications. Opportunities for the successful candidate to direct their work and ensure they meet their own learning objectives will be accommodated as much as possible. Training on specific software systems will be provided.
Expected Start Date: June 3, 2019 Expected End Date: July 26, 2019
Submission Deadline: May 21, 2019 Interviews: May 22 to 24, 2019
Hourly Wage: $18.00 Hours per week: 35
To apply, please send a cover letter that addresses the skills, attributes and qualifications detailed above, as well as a resume, to:
Director of Marketing and Communications
Three references will be requested from candidates who are invited to an interview.
NOTE: This position is dependent on the employer receiving funding from the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) wage subsidy program. Eligible applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Lunchbox Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, and is interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who are representative of the Province’s diversity.
ABOUT LUNCHBOX THEATRE
Now in its 44th season, Lunchbox Theatre is the only noon hour theatre in North America. The company delivers unique performances in an intimate and comfortable atmosphere, while mindfully crafting a rich and complex experience that addresses socially relevant issues in an hour-long format.
Lunchbox Theatre focuses on the development and production of original one-act plays; many of which are written by Alberta playwrights. We produce up to eight plays in a season, along with the Stage One Festival of New Canadian Work and the RBC Emerging Director’s Showcase. In addition, Lunchbox tours a production from each season to local seniors’ homes and care communities through our program Lunchbox to Go.