Quest Theatre is looking for up to 3 consultants to conduct a feasibility study for the creation of
an exciting new Sweet Pea Series (working title) for preschoolers and their caregivers in Calgary.
There are three areas of expertise required: Project Management, Marketing and Fundraising.
This could be one, two or three people with relevant experience and contacts.
Our vision for the Sweet Pea Series is to partner with venues, other arts organizations and
individual artists to create a regular arts experience for ages 3-7 and their caregivers in
neighbourhood venues in the city. For example, a Quest Theatre pre-school show would
perform in four community spaces across the city in the span of one week. The next month a
dance show would tour the same route, the next month an interactive music activity would tour
and so on. We would create a collective marketing strategy, and Quest Theatre would perhaps
administer and curate the series. The feasibility study would explore different
subscription/ticketing models for patrons (families as well as daycares/preschools/schools), and
how the revenue and costs would be divided between partners, as well as the logistics and
requirements of running the series.
Sweet Pea Feasibility Study Job description:
Fundraising Consultant – 50 hours
- To produce a Development and Fundraising plan for launch and expansion of the Series
over two years. This will be done in collaboration with Quest Theatre’s Director of
- The job includes but is not limited to:
o Identifying potential sponsors and donors who would be interested in supporting
the Sweet Pea Series over three years.
o Creating packages for sponsors or donors with benefits for sponsors and donors.
o Inviting and creating relationships and making introductions with potential
sponsors and donors to Quest
o Meeting, hosting potential sponsors or donors at Flibbertigibbets Story Exhibit
- Consultant(s) must have at least 3 years relevant experience, preferably in the non-profit
arts sector in Calgary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide own equipment such as cell phone and laptop
- Ideally a driver with own vehicle
- A network of contacts in the arts sector in Calgary, particularly connected with venues,
artists and organisations specialising in young people
- Part-time fixed term contact(s)
- Flexible schedule between July-September 2019 (into October for Fundraiser)
- Mixture of working from home and at the Quest Theatre office at cSPACE King Edward,
1721 29 Ave SW, Calgary, as needed
- Must be available during October 4-13, 2019 to attend Flibbertigibbet’s Story Exhibit
performance(s) as a guest of Quest Theatre
- Compensation for all three areas is $25 to $30/hr, dependant on experience
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email
title Sweet Pea Feasibility Study Application and stating in your cover letter which position
or positions you are interested in and compensation expectations
- Deadline for applications: 5pm MST on May 31, 2019
- We thank all applicants for their submissions but will only be contacting those selected