The Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) is a not-for-profit organization that supports and promotes the arts community in Edmonton and works to increase the profile and involvement of arts and culture in all aspects of our community life. The EAC is currently recruiting for a Communications and Engagement Officer. The Communications and Engagement Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies that create awareness of, interest in and engagement with the activities of Connections & Exchanges, the EAC and the arts in Edmonton.
- Articulate the EAC’s mission and goals, fostering greater awareness of its programs and services, through a variety of mediums and platforms.
- Work with EAC departments to develop and implement communications strategies that meet their unique needs.
- Utilize research, storytelling and working with the big picture to share the story of the arts in Edmonton.
- Identify success stories and research and mine existing EAC data to generate stories/information/positions of the EAC and the arts in Edmonton.
- Plan and create communications and activities along the engagement continuum that inform, consult, involve, collaborate and empower the arts community in Edmonton.
- Support EAC departments in their development and implementation of engagement activities that align with the City of Edmonton’s Connections & Exchanges Plan.
- Identify and develop opportunities for consistent, unified messaging and delivery of communications and engagement practices across the EAC.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Indigenous Relations Advisor and Equity and Inclusion Advisor in communications and engagement activities that support the EAC’s commitments to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Degree or diploma in public relations, journalism, communications or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Three years of experience in strategic communications and media relations.
- Experience in developing engagement activities that support larger strategic plans.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (MAC OS)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset.
Interested candidates email resume and cover letter as a single attachment to: Melanie Haynes, HR Specialist
The EAC encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.