Springboard Performance is hiring four summer intern positions:
– containR Art Park Facility and Production Assistant
– Cultural Programming Administrative Assistant
– Public Engagement Coordinator
– Cultural Programming Production Assistant
DEADLINE TO APPLY: WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2019 – 6 PM MST
For more information about each position visit: https://springboardperformance.com/blog/internships2019
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Pam Tzeng, at [email protected] with subject ATTN: Summer Job before 6 pm MST, May 15, 2019. Interviews will take place between May 19 – 21, 2019.
Springboard Performance is a non-profit organization devoted to connecting artists, mediums, audiences and community through physical contemporary creation and public space animation. Our programming includes containR in Sunnyside – a pop-up arts and community installation built from recycled shipping containers; Fluid Movement Arts Festival – an annual contemporary performance and dance festival of regional, national and international artists; Interrarium Residency and Workshop program; Signature Series – large-scale dance production presentation.
Springboard has a supportive, artistic and fluid working environment ideal for post-secondary students and young professionals under the age of 30 balancing multiple responsibilities and creative passions.
- Enthusiastic, open-minded creative thinker with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with a group
- Strong organizational and time-management skills are essential
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Platform
- Interest in the arts and linking cultural, sustainability, and community organizations is an asset
- Interest in the performing arts, production or pursuing a career related to the arts or non-profit sector is an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
22-30 hours/week for 8-10 weeks, with the possibility of continued employment through a Serving Communities Internship Bursary. Occasional evening and weekend hours required. The negotiable start date is June 3rd, 2019. The candidate must be able to work remotely, at containR Art Park in Sunnyside location and office at cSPACE King Edward.
Springboard is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse team. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified parties. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made to reduce barriers to applying.
The positions are funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Employment Program.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.