The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a temporary, summer Production Assistant.
This is a full time, summer term position working 35 hours per week from May through August 2019 (start and end dates are flexible). Regular hours of work are generally Monday-Friday, with some evening and weekend hours.
The Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Director of Production and Technical Director(s) with the administration, coordination and implementation of the day-to-day operations of the Production Department.
The Production Assistant must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Organizing and scheduling production-related paperwork
• Communicating with staff, and creative teams via phone and email
• Filing and organizing the archive room
• Assisting with planning, scheduling and organizing for the upcoming theatre season
• Research and sourcing materials and supplies as required
• Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent people skills
• Self-motivated and a team player
• An appreciation for theatre and the arts
• Previous experience working in the arts
• Administrative experience is an asset
• Experience or post-secondary education in drama, or theatre and the arts, or culture management are an asset
This position is funded through The Government of Canada Summer Jobs program. You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply. International students are not eligible.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume by May 5, 2019 to:
Human Resources at email@example.com
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.