Lighting and Venue Designer
The Thousand Faces Festival is looking for a Lighting and Venue Designer! The Lighting and Venue Designer will be working with the Artist Director Mark Henderson as well as Technical Director Cameron Tkachuk and Theatre Prospero designer Ami Farrow to design a venue for this multidisciplinary, multicultural festival of performance grounded in myth.
Tasks and Responsibilities Include:
- Lighting plot and venue design for the festival main stage and lighting cues for multiple short performances and productions at the Thousand Faces Festival
- Designing the lighting setups and cues for one or more of the festival’s touring shows.
- Setup of lighting equipment
- Collaboration with multicultural artists from different disciplines
- Creation of a unified aesthetic for the festival.
- Other design or technical duties that may arise.
Ideal for someone with coursework in Theatre Design and Theatre Production
This position is funded by Canada Summer jobs and is therefore restricted to candidates 30 and under. This is an 8-week, paid position with 35 hours per week
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is May 10th, 2019