Reporting to the Director of Fund Development and to the Manager of Fund Development, the Fund Development Coordinator is an integral part of the Fund Development team. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel’s continued success by achieving budgeted fundraising goals, identifying and cultivating new relationships, stewarding existing donors and sponsors, and executing a variety of fundraising events. This role requires an outgoing, positive individual who is able thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
The Fund Development Coordinator must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Assist in meeting or exceeding budgeted goals for Fund Development
- Management of various administrative duties including, but not limited to: database management, various forms of reporting, and the creation and updating of agreements and proposals
- Foster and maintain relationships with donors, patrons, and sponsors through various points of stewardship and ensure that all parts of the donor and sponsor benefits are executed in a timely manner and with a high level of excellence and professionalism
- Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and build relationships with prospects and develop strategies to attract a new generation of philanthropists to the Citadel
- Fundraising event and sponsor planning, management, and execution
- Represent the Citadel at networking and community events
- Provide assistance to the Manager and Director of Fund Development when required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and lead with positivity, while and managing multiple deadlines and demands
- Strong networking and social skills
- Outstanding customer service and stewardship capabilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, an asset
- Knowledge of the guidelines for charities from the Canada Revenue Agency is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume by May 15, 2019 to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.