Tasks and Responsibilities
The Associate Producer assists the Artistic Director in planning the 2019/20 & 2020/21 artistic seasons. Individual tasks and responsibilities include:
• Creating a timeline and budget
• Researching funding opportunities
• Writing grant applications
• Planning school artists in residence programs, productions, and tours of multicultural theatre
• Creating marketing materials
• Recruitment and training of artists
• Overseeing the training, delegation, and management of individuals assigned to the continuation of the aforementioned tasks.
Artistic Director Mark Henderson shall be the direct supervisor to the 2019/2020 Season Associate Producer and will work closely with them on the duties of the Festival. Applicants for the position of 2019/20 & 2020/21 Season Associate Producer are expected to be self-directed and motivated, but as the job position is on-site and in-office, the supervisor is available to answer any questions that arise. In the event that the supervisor is unavailable, they can be accessed through phone or by email. The supervisor and employee will meet every week for the duration of employment.
The Artistic Director Mark Henderson and the Business Manager Jennifer Wanke will mentor the Associate Producer. This position will have the authority to make important decisions and to distinguish themselves as a leader in theatre planning and production. The Artistic Director will guide her/him in the step-by-step intricacies of producing a theatrical season. The employee will have access to internal documents as a resource to develop their understandings of not-for-profit processes.
Ideal for someone with coursework in:
• Theatre Production
• Arts and Cultural Management
This is an 8-week, full-time position.
Wage is $16.00 an hour.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected]. The preferred start date for this position is May 1st, 2019