The Thousand Faces Festival celebrates the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, storytelling, music, dance, and art. We bring cultures together on stage, bringing to life the mythic stories at the root of our cultures, so we may find we are all connected at the root.
In 2018, the festival evolved to include a week-long school tour, as well as the public weekend and school shows at Alberta Avenue Community League.
This experience will provide the intern with the opportunity to learn and refine professional-level theatre production skills from highly professional technicians, which will help to enrich their education. Meanwhile, the intern will be providing the Edmonton community with high-quality mythic theatre and entertainment. Four technicians are needed to assist a variety of shows including a puppet show, an immersive art experience, a multicultural interactive performance, and both children and adult theatre.
The school shows and public festival run from May 21st – 26th, but some training and set-up time may be required beforehand. Some technicians will also need to be kept on for the school tour portion, which will follow the festival. During the festival, the time commitment will be approximately 30-35 hours/week (total hours will be around 80).
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Theatre Production
Some specialized skills required:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Some experience in technical production
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Assist the Technical Director in running all technical aspects of multiple shows, for school programming, the public weekend, and potentially school tour
- Assistance with any other set up, arranging, and clean up, as required prior, during and after the festival
- Hang and focus theatre lighting equipment, utilize a professional lighting board
- Construct a black box theatre space in the Alberta Avenue Community League gym prior to the festival, and strike after the completion
The final deadline to apply is May 1st, 2019. However, due to a limited number of bursaries, we ask that applications are sent in as soon as possible. To apply for this position, please send your email and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org