The Thousand Faces Festival of Mythic Art creates opportunities for audiences and artists of Edmonton’s diverse cultures to share their myths or folk tales in an annual festival of multidisciplinary art. By sharing many myths together, audiences and artists can experience an immersion in each other’s culture in a live performance context.
This experience will provide the intern with the opportunity to assist in the production of this dynamic festival. Under the direction of the Artistic Director and Festival Producer, they will gain hands-on experience in programming activities, planning productions, coordinating artists and volunteers, and ensuring the success of the events.
The festival consists of a week of school programming, a weekend of family and adult programming open to the general public, and potentially a small tour to schools with some of the shows from the festival. The intern will be given a position of leadership and will learn to delegate tasks as well as taking on personal responsibilities. Some experience with event coordination would be helpful but is not necessarily a requirement.
The festival runs from May 21st – May 26th and will consist of about 30-35 hours / week during that time, as well as some training and participation in the planning in the weeks beforehand (totaling about 80 – 100 hours).
A reference letter or recommendation may be provided at the end of the internship if requested.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Production
- Event Management Program Planning Specialization
- Event Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in event planning and execution
- Experience with management, whether volunteers, employees, or another leadership role is an asset
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Present on site for a majority of the festival, school programming, and school tour, as pre-determined with the Producer,
- Active participation in planning and physical set-up for all programming throughout the festival
- Assist the AD and Producer in finalizing programmed shows and activities
Final deadline to apply is May 1st, 2019. However, due to a limited number of bursaries, we ask that applications are sent in as soon as possible.
To apply for this position, please send your email and cover letter to [email protected]