THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Visionary Centre for the Performing Arts is a private educational institution established over 25 years ago. We provide high-quality performing arts training to students of all ages. From September 2019 we are delighted to offer our new, one-year, full-time Acting and Musical Theatre Intensive.
This is an intensive conservatoire type theatre training condensed into three terms. Students will be trained in Acting, Singing, Dance and professional preparation. There will also be two performance projects during the year. We are looking to fill the role of the Director of Adult Acting and Musical Theatre program.
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, workshop sessions, seminars and independent or group projects
- Develop curriculum, timetable and prepare teaching materials
- Source and manage part-time teaching staff
- Establish industry connections
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
Job requirements – Mandatory
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Acting, Music or a related field.
- 5 years minimum experience in post-secondary vocational performing arts teaching
- 5 years minimum recent experience as a performer in theatre/TV or film.
- Must be able to teach at least four of the following subjects:
- Acting, Singing, Improvisation, The actor’s voice, Music theory, Ballet, Jazz,
- Highly skilled pianist and fluent sight reader.
- Job requirements – Desirable
- Professional contacts and connections within the Alberta performing arts network.
- Previous experience as a director/musical director of musical theatre.
- Experience in post-secondary educational course management
This is a fulltime, permanent contract position of 30-35 hours per week.
Wage is $30.00-$40.00 per hour dependent on experience.
To apply for this position send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].