Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative, dynamic and energetic environment? St. Albert is a city rich in arts and heritage, with superior cultural opportunities for the enjoyment and learning of many.
The City of St. Albert is currently seeking to hire several casual Theatre Technicians to assist in the technical operation of The Arden Theatre and Community Services events.
Theatre Technicians are proficient in all aspects of event and production support with a focus/specialization in one or more of the following:
• technical theatre – lighting
• technical theatre – audio
• scenic/stage carpentry
• festival/event production – site
As a Technician you will perform organizational functions related to the technical aspects of productions and events, including meeting with user groups and acting as the technical liaison for various functions, assisting with the maintenance of production equipment, and supervision and training of production crews. This position will also at times be the lead role in managing and directing the technical portion of live performances and events; ensuring good production quality, assisting with the safety and security of performers, patrons, staff and volunteers, all while providing excellent customer service.
The individuals we seek are team players with high levels of interpersonal skill and diplomacy to interact with a variety of internal and external clients such as staff, user groups, media, artists, agents, public and volunteers. This position will draw on your abilities to collaborate, troubleshoot, and multi-task.
$22.73 – $27.67 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Minimum 2-year technical theatre program or equivalent from an accredited institution or 2 years of theatre/event/festival experience.
- Preferred candidates will have competency in all elements of technical theatre.
- Standard First Aid, Fall arrest, Elevated work platform and Fork lift certifications are considered an asset.
- C.I.T.T. membership is considered an asset.
- Applicants should have a strong understanding of industry best practices and technological advancements, Live Audio (Digital consoles, Monitors, wireless microphones), Theatrical Lighting (Control, Automated lighting fixtures, network distribution and control) and video distribution systems.
- A valid class 5 drivers licence is preferred.
- Have a strong understanding of industry best practices and technological advancements.
- Must be capable of physically lifting, bending, stand and walking for long periods of time in a variety of weather conditions.
HOURS OF WORK
Northern Alberta International Children’s Festival:
April 29 to June 5, up to 44 hours a week, with the potential of some overtime
May 23 to June 5, up to 44 hours a week, with some overtime
The rest of the year:
The number of hours worked per week fluctuates on an as-needed basis due to operational requirements and will be scheduled in advance where possible.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
April 8, 2019
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.