Alberta Theatre Projects is in its 47th Season producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary, Alberta. ATP has a new Executive & Artistic Director who brings a fresh perspective and a compelling vision for the future of our organization.
“ We are inventive, contemporary storytellers
Engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.”
Our Mission is to CREATE live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our community, to DEVELOP the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience, and the EXPLORE intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
ATP’s current season includes 5 plays: The Virgin Trial, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Zorro: Family Code, Café Daughter, and The New Canadian Curling Club. So far, our 2018/19 season is receiving outstanding reviews by theatre goers and critics alike with the Calgary Herald calling our work “World Class.” The New Canadian Curling Club has officially become the highest-grossing play in single ticket sales for a non-holiday production in our company’s 48-year history! Alberta Theatre Projects will return to 6 plays in three different seating configurations (Proscenium, Thrust, & Cabaret) for our recently announced 2019/20 Season: The Wedding Party, Disgraced, The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe, Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story, Actually, and Cowgirl Up.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Alberta Theatre Projects is seeking a dynamic, energetic professional with a passion for the performing arts to work closely with the Director of Development to help steward and develop Individual Giving programs. The Development Coordinator will assist with the planning of fundraising and donor events, processing donations and tax receipts, and other ad hock responsibilities. Reporting directly to the Director of Development the Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Administrative support of Development Team
o Generating and tracking charitable tax receipts,
o Tracking and processing donations,
o Tessitura reporting,
o Sponsorship contract generation,
o Overall database management, records keeping, reporting and filing,
o Department communications support.
• Stewardship and special events support
o Tracking and assisting with Corporate and Individual Donor benefits,
o Assisting with coordination, communication, and execution of corporate and individual stewardship events,
o Assisting with coordination, communication, and execution of special fundraising events.
• Corporate and Individual prospecting research support, as directed.
• Help foster a Philanthropic environment among the Alberta Theatre Project staff.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience as part of the Fund Development team in a not-for-profit arts environment,
- Interest in individual and foundation giving, corporate partnerships and philanthropy in not-for-profit arts environments,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong administrative and organizational skills,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel,) Tessitura, Campaign Monitor and/or Eventbrite is an asset.
NICE TO HAVE
- A passion for performing arts.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go above and beyond when necessary,
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong initiative, self-starter with the drive to complete projects with little supervision,
- Strategic, action orientated and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment,
- Available for occasional evening and weekend work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Chelsey Kehler, Director of Development email@example.com by April 5th, 2019.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.