StoryBook Theatre is currently accepting applications for instructors for our summer theatre school programming in our Calgary North, Calgary South, Airdrie, and Cochrane locations. Summer programming is geared toward students ages 6 to 16 with a variety of one week and three week summer camp classes.
Instructors will be responsible for teaching areas of drama and theatre such as improvisation, audition techniques, musical theatre, storytelling, voice, choreography, and other areas of skill. Instructors will direct the actors in a final presentation at the end of each week after leading them through the creation process.
Instructors will work closely with the teaching assistants and report directly to the Theatre School Program Coordinator.
Contract Period: July 1 to August 20
Operating Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two years of university level education in either drama and/or education.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must work well in a team setting.
- Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset.
- Basic First Aid is an asset.
- Must submit to a criminal background check.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 6:00pm
Location: Beddington Theatre Arts Centre (375 Bermuda Dr. NW)
Apply electronically by visiting