The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time BAR SUPERVISOR.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Front of House Operations and Assistant Bar Manager, Bar Supervisors:
- Ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre
- Providing excellent leadership to the bar team.
- Work closely with a team of Bartenders, Managers, and Front of House staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre.
- Pour and mix cocktails, beer, and wine in accordance with Citadel training, recipes, and AGLC serving regulations.
- Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure a meticulously clean environment before, during, and after service.
- Maintain up to date, perfect knowledge of product and specs to a standard which allows consistent execution, and accurate communication to patrons.
- Other duties as requested.
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. (This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours but some daytime availability is an asset.)
- 1 to 2 years of restaurant experience, bartending experienced is considered an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Ability to comfortably carry and lift 50lbs to shoulder height
- Leadership skills
- ProServe certification is considered an asset
This is a casual, part-time paid position. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume by March 18, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.