The Betty Mitchell Awards Board is searching for a Director for the upcoming Calgary Awards show, celebrating the 2018-2019 Professional Theatre Season in Calgary.
The Betty Mitchell Awards are in the 22nd year of supporting the Calgary professional theatre community through organizing and hosting an annual award show, highlighting the excellence of the local Calgary theatre community, judged by a jury of their own peers.
The Board is looking for a Director to help create and execute a successful Calgary award show. The position will be contracted under a CAEA contract and will receive a fee for their services.
The position will work with the Betty’s Board in achieving the goals set forth to have a successful show. Including, but not limited to:
- Creation on the theme of the show, including collaborating on the script materials and/or musical numbers
- Create and coordinate the Promotional Material
- Casting, along with Board support, the Hosts, Presenters and/or musicians
- Coordinate Rehearsal with Hosts and Presenters
- Coordinate with Board on organizing and executing the day of rehearsals and technical set up, including running technical dress rehearsals the day of
- Liaise with the Betty’s Board on needs for Juried Awards, volunteer positions
We are looking for a dynamic, community-oriented member with experience in Producing or Director large scale events and an understanding of the history of the Betty Mitchell Awards.
This year’s award show will be hosted in June at Vertigo Theatre, the successful applicant will be working on a self-driven schedule but is expected to begin working on the show in April to start casting and script creation. A more detailed timeline will be supplied to the successful applicant.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and a cover letter outlining why you would be good for the position and a suggestion on a theme or concept for the show, applicants will be contacted by the board for an interview.
Only applications from Calgary locals will be considered.
Deadline to submit is March 4, 2019
The Betty Mitchell Awards encourages submissions from artists of all diverse backgrounds and supports CAEA’s Not in Our Spaces program and the work being done to create safe spaces in the community at large.