THE WEDDING PARTY by KRISTEN THOMSON
Alberta Theatre Projects is holding Auditions for CALGARY BASED actors for the play
The Wedding Party by Kristen Thomson
Production: The Wedding Party by Kristen Thomson
Director: Darcy Evans
Production Dates: August 20 – September 29, 2019
Audition Dates: March 14 (late aft/eve) and 15 (morning/early aft), 2019
Audition Location: Calgary, Alberta
Casting Personnel in Attendance:
- Darcy Evans – Director (ATP Executive and Artistic Director)
- Dianne Goodman Producer, Alberta Theatre Projects
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit an e-mail containing the following items to [email protected] with the subject
THE WEDDING PARTY Auditions + the ROLE you wish to audition for in the email subject header
- a photo and résumé, outlining your previous theatre experience
- your status with Canadian Actors Equity Association
- your preferred date/time to audition
Deadline to Apply: March 6, 2019
Only those selected for an audition will be contacted to schedule an audition time. No calls, please. Canadian Actors Equity Association members will be seen first at all open audition calls. CAEA Members: please bring your membership number to the audition. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under a CTA contract.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all artists regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, and experience.
ROLES / RANGES – Note: All Actors play multiple roles
ACTOR A – NOTE: THIS ROLE HAS BEEN CAST
- Jack Sr. – Father of the groom
- Tony – Uncle of the groom, estranged twin brother of Jack Sr.
- Janice – Sister of the bride; Maid of Honour
ACTOR B (Female – late 30’s to early 40’s)
- Margaret – Step-mother of the groom
- Alice – Best friend of the groom
- Vlad – Half-brother of the bride
ACTOR C (Female – 30’s)
- Katrina – Wedding planner
- Pippa – Step-sister of the groom (Margaret’s daughter)
- Tomas – Janice’s Spanish lover
- Sherry – as a little girl
ACTOR D (Male – early 40’s)
- Edna – The Bride’s Grandmother
- Murray – The Groom’s father’s lawyer
- Frank – Bride’s Uncle; brother of Maddy
ACTOR E (Female – 30’s)
- Tiger – Cousin of the groom, Tony’s son.
- Edward – Margaret’s father, Pippa’s grandfather
- Jack Jr. – as a little boy
- Cleo – A Server at the Wedding
ACTOR F (Female – 50’s)
- Maddy – Mother of the Bride
- Pilot – Dog of Jack Sr.
A copy of the script is available to preview at the Alberta Theatre Projects reception area (enter through Stage Door – 220 9 Ave. SE) during regular business hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.