Sage Theatre is looking for a Festival Producer to oversee the management and execution of the IGNITE! Festival for Emerging Artists. This is a producer role that supports the festival curators and Sage’s artistic leadership.
The IGNITE! Festival is a key piece of the Calgary arts ecosystem, providing emerging artists with an opportunity to create work in partnership with established artists in their medium and practice. This includes multiple artistic practices and a diverse lineup of local arts companies providing curation and mentorship.
The 2019 IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists
June 9 – 15, 2019
- Oversee the festival; Responsible for the successful run of all productions, events, and exhibitions
- Meet weekly with Sage Artistic Director (more as festival approaches and is in production)
- Build and establish relationships with curators, festival partners, and Sage leadership to ensure stakeholder and community needs are met
- Manage festival budget and schedule including pre-production, rehearsal, load-in, performances, changeovers, strike, load-out, and wrap-up/returns.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial and performance information from projects to Sage leadership – including liaison with Sage Vice-President for contracts, payables, receipts, and approvals/authorization
- Focus point for issues arising from projects and curators, and escalates issues to Sage leadership as appropriate
This is an independent-contractor position which pays a lump-sum fee of $5000, split into two instalments.
Time commitment: As-required until May 20, assumed “full-time” from May 20 – to the end of the Festival and as-required to complete close-out.
Interested parties should submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter. If this provides a barrier, leave a message with our phone number at 403-264-7243.