This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the FoOtlights Summer Drama Camps for the Horizon Stage which is part of the City of Spruce Grove’s Cultural Services Department. Two drama instructors will deliver the program and supervise the students attending three daytime drama camps. They will work under the guidance of the Theatre Manager to assist in program development and be responsible for the overall execution of the curriculum.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, sound and storytelling. The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the participants through creative utilization of theatrical techniques. The instructors will also direct their older students in developing a show case piece, which will be performed for friends and family on the final day of camp.
Time commitment is approximately 10 (ten) hours of preparation time prior to teaching two, one week sessions (6 to 8 hours per day) Monday to Friday. Sessions will run the week of July 15 – 19 (half day each: ages 6-7 and 8-9) and July 22 – 26 (full day: ages 10-13).
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants.
- Has knowledge of dramatic theory and practice.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with youth.
- Deals effectively with external customers through active listening, awareness of their needs and feelings and by showing empathy when required.
- Provides good direction and motivation for students to learn.
- High school diploma with a drama or theatre focus.
- 2-3 years of experience in theatre
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 6 and 13
- Experience in the area of supervision
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Spruce Grove
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (level C) or equivalent are required prior to commencing employment
- Know how to have fun!
Salary: $25.00 – $25.00/Hour
Number of Positions: 2
Call: 780-962-8995 for more information
All applications MUST be submitted through the City of Spruce Grove’s website: