Location Suchitoto, El Salvador
Start Date Mar – May 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Do you have great management skills and an interest in contributing to the art sector? If so, this placement is for you!
As the Organizational Advisor, you will contribute your knowledge of program development, strategic planning and stakeholder engagement to support the EsArtes project by Primer Acto. Your experience and skill set will help involve youth in a theater project and support the Suchitoto community around a vibrant art program.
The duration of the position is flexible and can be discussed in the first steps of the selection process.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct a diagnostic for the development of an organizational strengthening plan
- Review the organization’s objectives and programs to contribute to the revision of the strategic plan for 2019-2022
- Research potential donors for the organization
- Develop tools and processes to strengthen organizational activities
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field
- Essential Professional Background:
- Strong experience in business and program development, proposal writing and project design
- Experience in project management
- Strong understanding of the contribution of culture and arts to international development
About Our Partner
EsArtes Suchitoto / Stratford is a project of the Primer Acto Association supported since its beginning by Cuso International and the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. The mission of Primer Acto is to train young men and women in arts and techniques of scenic theatre, contributing to the economic and cultural development of communities. Its vision is to make art and culture a way of life, an expression of identity and an opportunity to promote youth inclusion.
Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.