ELLIE TIMS PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The Ellie Tims Project is StoryBook’s fully subsidized program for children of families who cannot afford arts programming. Named after one of the founders of StoryBook Theatre, Ellie Tims whose passion for arts education allowed for students and emerging artists to have a starting point in theatre. This program will give students the opportunity to take introductory piano, dance or voice lessons to begin their journey in the performing arts at no cost. Since its creation in 2015 more than 500 students have taken part in the program.
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking a dance instructor for our upcoming session of the Ellie Tims Project. We are looking for experienced professional artists to instruct students aged 6-18 in the fundamentals of dance and choreography.
Contract Period: February 8 to May 10
Operating Hours: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Skills & Qualifications
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum two years teaching or directing experience
• Must have a passion for sharing theatre with young artists
• Strong classroom management skills
• High level of personal organization and planning
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Basic first aid is an asset
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: