Open auditions for the Broadway Musical Oliver – Casting for:
- Oliver Twist (10 – 14 years old) – Lead Young Character
- Artful Dodger (Teenage Boy) – Fagin’s brightest pupil
- Fagin (Teen/Adult) – Runs training academy for young pickpockets
- Bill Sikes (25 – 40 years old) – A villain, a nasty/scary character
- Nancy (Teen/Adult) – Graduate of Fagin’s academy and Bill Sikes girlfriend
- Bet (Teen/Adult) – Lass in Fagin’s establishment and Nancy’s friend
- Mr. Bumble (35 – 55 years old) – A pompous man
- Mrs. Corney (40 – 60 years old) – Sharp tongued, domineering Workhouse Mistress
- Mr. Brownlow (40 – 60 years old) – A wealthy older gentleman
- Mr. Sowerberry (20 – 45 years old) – the Undertaker
- Mrs. Sowerberry (20 – 45 years old) – the Undertaker’s wife/overseer
- Charlotte (Teen) – The Sowerberry’s daughter
- Noah Claypole (Teen/Young Adult) – The Undertaker’s apprentice
- Dr. Grimwig (30 – 60 years old) – The Doctor
- Mrs. Bedwin (20 – 50 years old) – the Brownlow’s Housekeeper
- Old Sally (30 – 55 years old) – a Pauper
- Workhouse Kids (8 – 15 years old) – Pickpockets
- Bow Street Runners (Teens/Adults) – Strong Dancers
- Street Vendors (Teens/Adults) – Singers & strong dancers also required
- Pub Guests & Ensemble (late teens and adults of all ages)
Open Auditions will take place on Sunday 3 March at the Ruth Carse Centre, 112 Street & 107 Ave Edmonton – 12 noon till 5 pm (audition times allotted first come first served)
- Vocal selection (preferably from “Oliver” or like musical – provide piano sheet music for accompanist
- Dancers – solo musical theatre/jazz genre – provide own recorded music or piano sheet music for accompanist
Callbacks may also be scheduled including movement/dance
To book an audition or for further information contact email@example.com
deadline – Friday 1 March 2019
Special notes: A production fee is required to be paid by all cast members to help defray some of the production costs. Personal items, tights/shoes, to be provided by cast members. Some costumes/costume pieces may be required to be provided by cast members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Rehearsals take place at the Ruth Carse Centre, Friday evenings (usually 6 – 9 pm) and Sundays (usually 1 – 5 pm). Not all cast members are required to attend every Friday and/or Sunday. Schedules are provided. Rehearsals expected to commence 10 March.
Shows are presented at the Westbury Theatre, Edmonton, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (20 to 22 June 2019) Q2Q scheduled for Thursday 20 June (2 – 7 pm) – Shows Friday 2 pm & 7.30 pm., Saturday 2 pm & 7.30 pm). Further details/dates may be announced.
Note: Some main characters have heavy amounts of lines to learn – it is important that such characters are able to learn lines quickly. As this is a Broadway Musical all cast members will be required to sing and therefore learn songs (some in ensemble, some as soloists). Strong acting also needed.