The Motor Certification Workshop is a combination of lecture and hands-on instruction, with emphasis on safety and maintenance care for CM Lodestar and Prostar Chain Hoists. The program also delves deeply into electrical theory and troubleshooting of the popular Lodestar and Prostar hoists.
A written exam will be performed at the conclusion of the two-day training program to test participants’ comprehension of materials. A certification of training will be awarded.
What does the program offer?
Participants taking the hoist certification training will leave the two-day workshop with:
- A clear understanding of industry standards and regulations (ASME, ANSI & OSHA)
- Current CMCO requirements for inspection
- Instruction in how Lodestar and Prostar hoists operate
- Instruction on how brakes operate
- Knowledge of inspection requirements and what to look for during a routine maintenance and inspection
- Knowledge of load testing requirements
- Confidence and knowledge in troubleshooting hoist problems
Who should apply?
This program is for theatre technicians, including anyone who needs to meet OSHA or ASME requirements, receive rigging certification, or simply gain best practices to ensure a safer work environment.
To register for this workshop, it is strongly recommended that individuals have successfully completed the one-day online course: CM-ET Lodestar Maintenance Training within the past three years, and work regularly with Lodestar or Prostar hoists.
Dates: January 21 – January 22, 2019
For more information and to register visit: https://bit.ly/2C3LUH1