Rosebud Theatre is seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional customer service and phone skills to be its new Box Office and Marketing Associate. With the goal of supporting the organization by taking reservations and increasing group sales, the Box Office and Marketing Associate will provide a welcoming experience for guests and employees in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting primarily to the Box Office Manager and coordinating with the Marketing Manager, the Box Office and Marketing Associate is responsible for providing outstanding service, researching and expanding our group relations, and contributing to the attainment of our revenue and audience goals. The ideal candidate is a friendly, authentic and innovative professional with a passion to connect and cultivate growth and engagement.
• Complete ticket & subscription orders by phone and in person using Theatre Manager.
• Process payments and send confirmation details to the guest
• Preparing box office reports as required for the Box Office and Marketing
• Discretion and professional behaviour handling confidential information
• Support daily operations in the box office.
• Greet all visitors in a friendly and courteous manner and act as an ambassador of goodwill to all who enter.
• Share all pertinent ticketing information with the designated team lead for FOH before, during and after performances.
• Data entry and filing, some cash handling and other administrative duties as required
• Exercise professionalism and apply problem solving skills when satisfying guest concerns relating to Box Office operations
• Ensure front Reception is kept tidy and clean, ensuring that promotional materials and information is available to customers
• Answer and direct incoming telephone calls as required.
• Be a knowledgeable and friendly face of Rosebud Theatre, ensuring our guests have everything they need to enjoy their visit
• Develop and process group sales agreements and orders
• Enhance and manage the Rosebud Theatre experience for groups each season
• Ensure website is current with group sales messaging
• Maintain a current and accurate groups database
• Initiate and strengthen group relationships by phone, email and in person
• Co-create dynamic and professional marketing materials to support group sales initiatives including partnership proposals and presentations
• Gather and articulate needs of partners and report back to Rosebud Theatre
• Participate in an active role to help generate and map out sales initiatives
• Work cooperatively with the Marketing Manager to support Rosebud Theatre’s group sales goals
• Track group sales and produce sales reports through Theatre Manager and follow up on past-due accounts
• Assist in general Marketing initiatives as required by the Marketing Manager
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES:
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and time management skills with the ability to prioritize
• Ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
• Responsible, dependable and trustworthy.
• Applicant must have strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
• Highly developed relationship building, networking, and sales skills;
• Organized, with strong attention to detail.
• Aptitude for dealing with customers in a patient, positive manner.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Experience in a not for profit or performing arts organization would be an asset.
• Knowledge of office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, and scanners
• Understanding of basic computer skills and experience with MS Office and database software
• Knowledge of Theatre Manager or other data entry system considered an asset
• Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new systems quickly.
• High School diploma with relevant experience is preferred
• The successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check as part of the hiring process.
• Must be able to work a varied schedule between Monday to Saturday for box office open hours coverage
This may be a full-time position or a job-share position.
Applications accepted until January 20, 2019.
To apply, please email Melanie Winters, Box Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. Resumes will be accepted and reviewed, and interviews held until the position is filled. We thank all who express interest in these positions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.