Edmonton’s Community Theatre Season 61 – Call for Script Submissions
Do you have an idea for a great show for Walterdale Theatre Associates to produce that you have always wanted to direct? Now is the time to submit for the 2019-2020 season.
Please submit the following materials:
- A copy of the script (If you submit the original script, it will be returned to you – photocopies will not be).
- A copy of your theatre résumé highlighting your directorial experience both with Walterdale & in other theatrical settings.
- A Directorial Proposal (your concept) – including the following:
- Why you think this would be a good show for Walterdale to produce.
- Casting requirements (Note: this must not include casting considerations. All casts for Walterdale productions must be selected from auditions).
- What Production Team (if any) you would bring with you into the project. Production team members are not required for a submission and can be recruited at a later date with the assistance of Walterdale.
- ANY information that might affect budget (e.g. Chorus size for a musical or size of ensemble in a straight play, desire for period dress, rental of special equipment).
- Recent Production history within the Edmonton area. Please provide information including most recent production(s) in the Edmonton area noting year of production & the company that produced the piece.
What kinds of shows are we looking for? Walterdale must meet the needs of our diverse and engaged membership and audience. The season must collectively entertain, encourage & challenge.
Possible options to consider (but not limited to):
- A full-length Canadian script.
- A musical.
- Plays which explore and develop understanding of the many cultures and world views resident in Alberta today.
- Plays with good roles for both men & women (with a variety of ages )
- Dramas, Comedies, Thrillers, Classics, etc…
- A variety of topics and issues that many different people can relate to or learn from.
Applying directors are permitted to submit a maximum of 2 pieces for consideration for the season. Preference may be given to directors who did not direct a production in the most recent season. If new to directing, please contact [email protected] to find out how to become an Assistant Director.
Submissions should be sent to :
Artistic Director c/o Walterdale Theatre Associates 10322 – 83rd Avenue NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E 5C3
(Please note: There could be a new Artistic Director in place for Season 61. Bethany Hughes will pass on all submitted scripts once he/she has been selected.)
Submissions must be received by January 21, 2019. Late Submissions will not be considered.