ABOUT ALBERTA THEATRE PROJECTS
ATP has a new Executive & Artistic Director who brings a fresh perspective and a compelling vision for the future of our organization.
We are inventive, inclusive, contemporary story tellers engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.
Our Mission is to CREATE live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our community, to DEVELOP the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience, and to EXPLORE intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
ATP’s season includes 5 plays: The Virgin Trial, Rosencrantz & Gildenstern Are Dead, Zorro: Family Code, Café Daughter, and The New Canadian Curling Club. So far, our 2018/19 season is receiving outstanding reviews by theatre goers and critics alike with the Calgary Herald calling our work “world class.”
ABOUT THE POSITION
Alberta Theatre Projects seeks a passionate Development Manager to join the team responsible for re-imagining the future of our organization. The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive & Artistic Director to build on our longstanding corporate sponsorships, drive individual fundraising efforts, and cultivate and strengthen our community of ardent supporters. The Development Manager will develop and execute both short-term and long-term strategic fundraising plans and oversee planning for corporate stewardship events and our popular Director’s Circle program events.
We are looking for an energetic and collaborative leader that can hit the ground running and rally the team around our key priorities.
- Work with the Executive & Artistic Director to enable the creation and implementation of multi-year fundraising strategy and campaigns, including working collaboratively with the organization as a whole, and the board.
- Develop annual fundraising targets and department budgets as well as multi-year projections.
- Lead the development of a new annual major gifts program and an endowment fund in anticipation of ATP’s 50th Anniversary season in 2021-2022.
- Identify, prospect and cultivate new individual and corporate donor relationships to achieve ATP’s development goals.
- Strengthen and renew ATP’s current sponsor relationships. Develop new recognition strategies.
- Steward relationships with existing donors.
- Lead the creation of messaging and materials to promote development initiatives that reflect ATP’s brand in collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Identify grant opportunities and prepare applications in conjunction with the Executive & Artistic Director.
- Oversee tracking of donor information and donor cultivation in Tessitura database.
- Manage Development Coordinator, overseeing event planning and donor recognition activities.
- Assist in other Organizational Initiatives as requested by the Executive and Artistic Director.
Education and Experience
- An individual who is articulate, aggressive, creative, goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Development experience with a proven track record in cultivation and successful solicitation of corporate sponsorship and individual gifts (3 years or more experience preferred).
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and planning skills and attention to detail.
- Track record of success in guiding, preparing and supporting board members and executive staff in cultivating and asking for contributions from individuals.
- Appreciation of the value of the arts in the community.
NICE TO HAVE
Skills and Abilities
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond when necessary.
- Very strong organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Very strong planning and project management skills–being able to plan and execute on identified deliverables which generally have timelines of 3 to 12 months.
- Excellent technical skills with advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products & CRM software, preferably Tessitura.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal).
- Strong, proven ability to manage, coach and mentor direct reports.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Being adaptable and able to work in a changing environment.
Please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Darcy Evans, Executive & Artistic Director [email protected]. Review of applications will begin December 22 at 5:00 p.m. MST and will be accepted until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, please apply by the 22nd.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, indigenous people, and people with disabilities.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.