About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre has entertained audiences for over 42 years. We are located at the base of the Calgary Tower, which is home to our administration and ticket offices as well as our two performance venues. We program the BD&P Mystery Theatre Series and are also home to a variety of arts organizations that rent our performance venues throughout the season. Our diverse audience includes young adults to urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is looking for an enthusiastic and action-oriented worker who is a great communicator and has proven Food and Beverage services experience. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for customer service, hospitality, and the arts.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Bartender and the Patron Services Manager and be responsible for ensuring the smooth daily operation of Bar Services during performances and events, maintaining operational procedures, and providing outstanding customer service to all patrons.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the daily operations of Bar Services
- To prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages consistent with the Vertigo Theatre menu
- Engage our patrons and make recommendations, offer knowledge on our menu items and answer all questions regarding the bar menu and snacks
- Ensure compliance with AGLC regulations
- Responsible for securing cash, credit card receipts and cash float during operational hours
- Ensure London Bar service is promoted prior to performance start and that purchases are ready as ordered for the top of each intermission
- Support all Front of House staff as needed during service
- Determine any promotional materials required
- Assist with ordering all bar supplies, dishwasher, and other cleaning supplies
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with patrons on an ongoing basis
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of diverse experience in any or all of the following positions: Food and Beverage services, bartending, and special events
- Must have a valid ProServe certification
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong, proven time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Cash management
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 20-25 pounds
At Vertigo Theatre we are committed to a respectful work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities and people with disabilities.
Part-time; evenings and weekends with some daytime hours required
September – June (hours as scheduled)
Deadline to submit: As soon as possible. The position will remain open until an appropriate candidate is selected.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV to Janette Couch, Patron Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will commence immediately. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website, www.vertigotheatre.com