St. Albert Dinner Theatre
Casting for Daddy’s Girl by Gary Ray Stapp (comedy)
Directed by Lori Chenger, Assistant Director Brett Hammerlindl. Send photo/resume to Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sides will be mailed out with audition confirmation.
Play runs Feb 7 to 23, 2019 Thursday, Friday, Saturdays
Audition dates – Monday, November 19 and Tuesday, November 20 at Kinsmen Banquet Hall, 47 Riel Drive St Albert. 7-9 pm. Call backs Monday, November 26 7-9pm.
Note: * Please attend with 10 lines memorized of the character of your choice
Character of Lizzie must be able to sing and come prepared to style a solo musically to suit your vocal ability and character style.
Bob – some scenes require character to appear on stage shirtless
Cast of Characters ( 4 men and 8 women) One character can be either (Angel)
- Benard – (50s male) diner owner – appears short tempered and grouchy. Underneath the exterior is a kind and caring person.
- Bob – (40s male) “Shirtless Bob” regular customer
- Walter – (late 20s to 30s male) A PHD candidate, stereotypical professional student type. Intelligent, articulate
- Maudie – (20s female) Benard’s deceased wife and for 25 years has “hung” as a portrait. Feisty with some “blonde” traits.
- Betsy – (20’s female) Lacks confidence. Dowdy and disheveled but eager to please
- Michael/Michaela – male or female –an Angel with a dry sense of humor
- Darlynn- (40’s-early 50’s female) sweet and bubbly, a bit dramatic
- E.L. – (20s female) classy but cold, career centered woman, conceit and confident, newspaper columnist
- Alex – (late 20’s early 30’s male) Confident, likeable. Has a long list of ex’s and E.L. is one of them
- Daisy- (60’s female) Sweet and daffy. Joined at the hip to best friend Violet who finish each other’s sentences.
- Violet – (60’s female) Less patient than Daisy
- Lizzy – (20’s female) Obedient and well mannered, mouse of a girl behind her glasses, but has a unique and dazzling one woman stage-show singer
- Big Earl Ella – (mid 40s female) Motorcycle Mama. Lizzie’s mom. Tatoos, body piercings and wild hair coloring.