**THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**
Theatre Calgary is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, connected, resourceful team player who thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on, creative environment to be its Education and Outreach Coordinator. This is a contract position covering a maternity leave.
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Its mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite, local, national and international engagement.
Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement, and extraordinary productions. As a result, we are one of the most recognizable arts and cultural institutions in Canada. For 50-years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with quality classic and contemporary productions, featuring the best talent on our mainstage. Today, we are Calgary’s largest professional theatre company and a proud supporter of local emerging artists with bold aspirations for the future.
Theatre Calgary is a model of strong fiscal management in the Canadian arts sector. With over 60 per cent of its operating revenue coming from non-governmental sources and a strong endowment fund, it is poised to enter is next stage of growth.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator plays a key role in the Education and Outreach team, ensuring the fulfilment of positive and engaging relationships with educators and community members through support of the team, promotion of our programming, administrative accuracy and activation execution. The person in this role contributes to the overall success of the team as well as a positive and professional image of Theatre Calgary in the community.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager of Education and Outreach and works cooperatively with the staff and volunteers to achieve organizational goals.
- Responsible for creating Education and Outreach documents such as ePlay articles, play guides, registration forms etc.
- Assist in connecting with schools around opportunities such as our High School in Residence, student matinees and Educators Circle.
- Maintaining accurate records (tracking of events, financial tracking and statistical data) for our KPIs.
- Support the activities of the Senior Manager of Education and Outreach as required, this will involve evening and weekend work.
- Attend events as needed in a lead role function, coordinated with the Senior Manager of Education and Outreach.
- Coordination and administration of guests and speakers for InterACTive programming.
- Assist in the planning and successful execution of events such as InterACTive programming, Community Outreach events, lobby displays and Opening Nights.
- Create and maintain library partnership programming.
Theatre Calgary Representation
- Be knowledgeable about theatre—the season, and the resources required to produce the season; and
- Represent Theatre Calgary when speaking to theatre patrons, artists and the public.
- Represent Theatre Calgary at outward facing events such as trade shows, cultural festivities and public activations.
- Bring creativity, professionalism and enthusiasm to the workplace; and
- Ensure that Theatre Calgary activities and events are of the highest standard.
- Share updates with colleagues and team members in an open and transparent way.
- A proactive and dynamic professional who inspires confidence and credibility;
- A genuine commitment to help grow an internal culture that values people and provides an opportunity for everyone to flourish.
- Dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
- A strong results-oriented work ethic.
- A confident, calm, and tactful professional approach with an ability to deal with a wide variety of people and with changing internal and external conditions.
- A commitment to contribute to the Calgary community.
Theatre Calgary offers a unique and exciting work environment and competitive compensation. Salary commensurate with experience.
Commitment to Diversity:
Theatre Calgary is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres and operates within the jurisdiction of the Canadian Theatre Agreement.
Theatre Calgary is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that a diverse staff enriches the environment and culture of our entire organization and our larger community. As such, we are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society.
We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our organization’s diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified persons and encourage all those who may contribute to the further diversification of our ideas and perspectives to apply.
This is a contract position covering a maternity leave.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job position in the subject line.